Abstract: Both acyclic double bonds in the title molecule, C15H12OS, are trans configured. Geometric parameters are in the usual ranges.
Summary (1 min read)
- For details of how these key indicators were automatically derived from the article, see http://journals.iucr.org/e.
- All rights reserved Both acyclic double bonds in the title molecule, C15H12OS, are trans configured.
- Geometric parameters are in the usual ranges.
- The title compound was synthesized according to the method reported in the literature (Furniss et al., 1989).
- The compound was purified by recrystallization from ethanol.
- Data collection: X-AREA (Stoe & Cie, 2001); cell refinement: X-AREA; data reduction: X-AREA; program(s) used to solve structure: SHELXS97 (Sheldrick, 1997); program(s) used to refine structure: SHELXL97 (Sheldrick, 1997); molecular graphics: PLATON (Spek, 2003); software used to prepare material for publication: SHELXL97 and PLATON.
- BKS thanks AICTE, Government of India, for financial assistance through the Career Award for Young Teachers Scheme and SB thanks the University of Mysore for research facilities.
Did you find this useful? Give us your feedback
Related Papers (5)
Frequently Asked Questions (1)
Q1. What are the contributions in this paper?
The synthesis and biological evaluation of cyclopenta [ c ] thiophenerelated compounds as new antitumour agents have been reported ( Dallemagne et al., 2002 ) and the title compound, ( I ), is a biologically active compound. The crystal structure of 1,5-bis ( 4chlorophenyl ) penta-1,4-dien-3-one has been reported previously ( Butcher et al., 2006 ). In view of the importance of pentadienones, the crystal structure of compound ( I ) is reported here.