A Thought of Legal Research with Examples and Demonstrations
Abstract: The policy makers or lawyers may face the need of legal research for reasons. The congressmen may plan to make new laws to address the challenges of their constituent or to the interest of nation. The lawyers may need to serve their clients who like to know the legal issues involved, the strategies to deal with their loss and recovery, and prospect for winning the case if the dispute has gotten worse. The lawyers may practice in a solo business or might work as an associate lawyer in the law firms. A senior lawyer or partner in some cases may like to exploit the junior work force about the problems or grievances from the potential clients. Since he needs to focus their attention on other matters, such as the business expansion of his law firm or more lucrative cases in need of career hands, he may tap the junior lawyer for the legal research, who could assist with the basis of his final legal opinion. The memorandum, opinion letter and brief would be such forms of professional communication for the lawyers and legal researchers. The congressman also can be supplemented with the aid of staffs in terms of his legal expertise and grasp of the issues standing for carrying their responsibility more effectively. For the lawyers and legal researchers, the structure of state and federal legal system is the kind of important variants to orient their work direction and basic frame for the most efficient and adequate scope of search and analysis. The paradigm change also is revolutionary to impact the general base of people. Decades ago, the research or researcher only related with the class of professionals, such as professors, lawyers, career officers and cadres of enterprises. They would enjoy insulation and exploit their research work as an entrance barrier from lay people. Their large shelves at home study or in the room or corner of office thrust an impression that he or she is learned and knowledgeable. This impliedly communicates his or her prestige of social or professional success. The books and articles seem to symbolize a kind of monopoly which bears to exclude unclassified or non-professional workers. The change is remarkable that every citizen could benefit from the on-line sources of information, which, of course, is generally true of professional knowledge. Now professors fear of plagiarism that students often are the kind of suspect. The legal research would turn on the help of digitization which revolutionizes to incur a new mode of research operation. About the query, the citizens and people can readily verify its truth or falsity with one clique within the personal computer. An enormous amount of information is currently flowing on the internet and on-line sources of reference, which shapes an informative and knowledgeable society. As the medical doctors warned decades ago, the precept is any most effective, “forbear from your intelligence or knowledge work for your health.” Many of them now spend long hours a day to satisfy their curiosity and intelligent search. He or she may be well awarded an academic degree if to recognize their hard work on his PC. Nevertheless, this information age does not always bring a positive progress, which arouses the kind of issues, say, right of privacy, on-line fraud. In some cases, this transformation may lead to an inferior attitude of researcher. My today’s experience is one of exotic case. I have received an e-mail from Google CEO stating that I have been selected as one of twelve winners from the pool of Google users. The award money is enormous which stalls me for some time. The authenticity and reliability have hit my head, and I utilized a verification service website managed by the team of lawyers. It costs five dollars and remaining 24 dollars would be processed upon the progress of interaction. I am waiting for an answer from the team. Then the research nowadays is not limited to the basic context of our subsistence, but influences in any depth into the professional lives.
Summary (1 min read)
- They are staffed with subject-matter experts related to their missions.
- A bill may mandate public vaccinations, but a rule will explain which age groups and demographics need the vaccination.
- Generally, most of the administrative agencies have investigative, rulemaking, and determinative functions.
The impact of their role
- As earlier stated, this is a major role of federal administrative agencies and this role enables them determine the rules and regulations that guide the actions of people on an issue of public policy.
- Where they are legislative rules, they may change an existing policy or rather strengthen an existing policy.
- To deal with the challenges associated with the transportation of goods by commercial operators in New York State, the State adopted the federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation found in Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (49 CFR) parts 390.
- This for me is an important step which can ensure that the regulation is well understood and that there is compliance with it.
Strength and Limitations of Online Resources
- Identify the Policy area selected: Education policy known as No Child Left Behind is a legislation passed by Congress and signed into law by President W. Bush.
- The education policy under the legislation requires that states establish challenging academic standards for all their schoolchildren in elementary and secondary schools.
- Others come from libraries such as Walden library online resources, private and educational research organizations, and a host of private bloggers.
- The website also contains policies regarding the implementation of the legislation and the effect the legislation had on states.
- The reliability and authenticity of the source – Ed.gov can be neither put into doubt nor can the information it contained be padded with any bias whatsoever.
As a result of completing this assignment, explain at least one insight you had or conclusion you drew about using online resources for legal research:
- The insight or conclusion that I drew from using online resources for policy research is that there are numerous online sources, either from reputable universities or from private research organizations.
- (Marx, 2012) The three federal unemployment insurance programs cover veterans, railroad workers, and federal employees.
- I find the Cornell Legal information Institute website to be more useful when searching any policies, regulations, or laws.
Did you find this useful? Give us your feedback
Related Papers (5)