Industrial Plant Layout Analyzing Based on SNA
Summary (2 min read)
- Research topics, which has been increasingly being applied for solving different kind of problems, including industrial manufacturing ones.
- The study aims at analysing the importance of using SNA techniques to analyse important relations between entities in a manufacturing environment, such as jobs and resources in the context of industrial plant layout analysis.
- Section 3 presents a brief literature review about some more or less closely related work about the application of SNA techniques.
- The three basic elements in social networks are actors, ties and graphs .
- Social network analysis (SNA) is the study of social structure .
A. SNA measures
- The main measures considered in SNA are cohesion measures and centrality measures.
- Centrality measures identify the most prominent actors, i.e. those extensively involved in relationships with other network members .
- Accordingly, the authors conclude that the expected relationship between sharing interests and communicating exists only for very active authors while less active authors do not answer everyone who has similar interests.
- Therefore, their objective consisted on investigating fragmentation in water infrastructure planning, to understand how actors from different decision levels and sectors are represented, and which interests they follow .
- Here, from the considered case study the data has been taken which has been analysed through various SNA tools.
A. Network modelling
- Network consists of set of nodes connected with ties indicating interaction.
- Using Netdraw the authors have represented the matrix in the form of collaboration network.
- The network is made much interesting and meaningful by showing a variation in the representation of the resources and jobs in terms of shape, size, and colour.
- With the data that has been collected from the case study and their details with three centralities has been shown in Table 2.
- The relationship between the attributes (jobs and resources) is represented in Figure 1.
B. Network analysis
- The main objective of network analysis is to breakdown and comprehend the complex information of the structure in to collaboration networks for potential synergies.
- The centrality is used to find how influential a node is in the network and also the interrelations among them for its complete analysis.
- Thus, the authors have identified the key resources which are having higher degree centrality can act as hubs and they can serve as the central elements of the industrial plant.
- This data can be used to analyse the order in which the resources of the plant need to be arranged and how close each resource need to be from each other.
- From the above analysis the authors have gained complete understanding of the various relations among the resources to complete the assigned jobs effectively.
J12 0 0 0
- This paper focused on the application of SNA on an industrial plant layout problem.
- The study aimed at analyzing the importance of using SNA techniques to analyse important relations between entities in a manufacturing environment, such as jobs and resources in the context of industrial plant layout analysis.
- The study carried out enabled to obtain relevant results for the identification of relations among these entities for supporting to establish an appropriate plant layout for producing the jobs.
- This work has been supported by COMPETE: POCI-01-0145- FEDER-007043 and FCT – The Foundation for Science and Technology within the Project Scope: UID/CEC/00319/2013.
Did you find this useful? Give us your feedback
Cites background or methods from "Industrial Plant Layout Analyzing B..."
...Google Rapid Response (GRR) is an approach where Google aims to examine incident responses instantaneously, even though from a remote site ....
...1, entities are returned wherever Tweets are found in the API  (Table 1)....
...His primary research interests are health informatics (clinical decision support systems; patient empowerment) and security informatics (analysis and visualization of crime-related data). xv Abbreviations ABE Attribute-Based Encryption ABPL Average Backbone Path Length ADHD Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder AES Advanced Encryption Standard AF Age Factor AIC Akaike Information Criterion AIG Adjusted Information Gain ANFIS Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System ANN Artificial Neural Network APA-DSM American Psychiatric Associations Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental API Application Programming Interface APL Average Path Length AR Adjusted Rand Index AR Association Rule ARI Adjusted Rand Index ASCII American Standard Code for Information Interchange ASE Average Squared Error AUC Area Under Curve AUE Accuracy Updated Ensemble AWE Accuracy Weighed Ensemble BM Benchmark BMI Body Mass Index BNC British National Corpus BPNN Back Propagation Neural Network CAD Computer-Aided Diagnosis CART Classification and Regression Technique CBR Case-Based Reasoning CDS Connected Dominating Set CDSS Clinical Decision Support System xvii CE Cross Entropy CFG Context Free Grammar CIA Central Intelligence Agency CKS Contextual Knowledge Structure CLI Command Line Interface COPD Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases CQL Cassandra Query Language CRCDD Cross Recurrence Concept Drift Detection CSP Context Search Phrase CT Clustering Trees DBN Deep Belief Network DCT Discrete Cosine Transform DDoS Distributed Denial of Service DGB Disk Graph with Bidirectional links DLP Discrete Logarithm Problem DM Decision-Making DNA Deoxyribonucleic Acid DNN Deep Neural Network DOS Denial-of-Service Attacks DRM Digital Rights Management DST Dempster–Shafer Theory DT Distance Transform DWT Discrete Wavelet Transform ECAES Elliptic Curve Authentication Encryption Scheme ECDLP Elliptic Curve Discrete Log Problem FD Fractional Differential FEAC Fast Evolutionary Algorithm for Clustering FFT Fast Fourier Transform FLC Fuzzy Logic Controller FPR False-Positive Rate...
...Santi  proved the critical communication range (CCR) to be,...
...The different approaches used for classification and mining of tweets are discussed in [6, 7]....
"Industrial Plant Layout Analyzing B..." refers background in this paper
...those extensively involved in relationships with other network members ....
...An important aspect in social network analysis is to identify key players in a network ....
"Industrial Plant Layout Analyzing B..." refers methods in this paper
...SNA describes a group of quantitative methods for analyzing the ties among social entities and their implications ....
Related Papers (5)
Kenichi Yoshida, Yasuhiro Kobayashi +4 more
Jack R Parker
Jack R Parker
Subodh B Patil